Tuesday, October 6, 2009

sudden shift to KPop

Do you know what KPop is?
If you don't then, have you heard of 2ne1 or Wonder Girls?
If you still don't then have you heard of the song "I want nobody, nobody but you!"?
I'm sure you did. Then I think you already get what KPop is.

KPop is short for Korean Pop, a term for korean mainstream music. These are music that are already popular these days, especially to Filipino youths.

At first, I really don't get why people like these kind of music. First, because I can't understand the lyrics (obviously, unless you speak Korean). Second, singers of these songs are usually 5 or more members (even 9 to 13 members), which they are hardly recognizable (because of the same faces). They're just regular music.

Until I've heard enough KPop songs. Theyw ere actually good. One thing that makes their music unique? They're catchy. So eventhough you don't know what they're talking about or who sang the part of the song, you still love listening to it because they're good on your ears (well, for me).

My roomate actually influenced me. He was watching these music videos of cute Korean girls singing, and cool guys dancing. These are also one of the unique things of KPop, they're music videos are really really good. I love music, and dancing. So it really gets me when they have cool steps jived with cool rhythm. COOLNESS!!

Today, I listen to these KPop artists: SHINee, SNSD, Wonder Girls, Super Junior, Big Bang and 2ne1. They're quite popular these days, maybe that's why. But for me, they're actually good, catchy songs. I also love the music videos. I like KPop now. They're just one of my kinds of music I tune in.

P.S. But I will always love mainstream pop, punk-rock and alternative music. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment