Saturday, November 7, 2009

Tweeting + Habit

I think everyone knows what tweeting is, right?
I've been using twitter for a year now, and I tell you its actually a part of my life now.
I never miss tweeting every day.
It's like my micro-mobile-diary..

Tweeting has a lot of use, especially on marketing and newscasting.
I actually subscribe to some news organizations who has twitter accounts, at least I know I'm still connected to the world.
I even follow celebrities who happens to have twitter accounts.
I find this even more viable compared to news about them on the internet, at least in their tweets, they're the one who are actually saying it, not their publicist or anything.

But no, I don't subscribe to Miley Cyrus or Lindsay Lohan. I find their lives irrelevant to me.

I also follow politicians, say for example President Obama, or Chiz Escudero.
They tweet like a lot of important things about our society, and even their fellow colleagues.
At least you know that those things actually happen in the government.

Twitter is about connecting people and with the world.
Sharing ideas, knowledge, news and insights.
Retweeting is one of the coolest thing about tweeting, you share what other people share.
When your post is retweeted, then they actually find it very interesting.

I just don't like people tweeting very irrelevant things like feeding their cat, or showering their dogs.
It's like Paris Hilton tweeting.
Let's tweet something with sense, something that will add to people's learning.
Oh well, I was even like that before, tweeting like anything, but I realize twitter is more than that.

Twitter should change "What are you doing?" to "What do you wanna say to the world?" according to Seth Godin. And that actually is right. Twitter now is not something personal, its about sharing something to the world. Providing information that you find interesting. That is what twitter is all about...

So tweet something interesting and share it to the world. :)

Follow me on Twitter.

Wanna tweet through SMS for only a peso? Use Tweetitow.
www.tweetitow.com

Will blog about tweetitow on my next post. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment